Monday, October 10

Coffee Filter Wreaths

I love when I'm not even looking for a new idea and one just pops up on a blog that I follow. I giggled when I first saw it, but in an amused way. So I knew I had to make it. Especially since it looked easy enough for me to make. Thanks to Little Miss Momma for this Coffee Filter Wreath.




I used it to spruce up a boring corner in our bedroom. (Its hard to find a wall in our apartment it isn't covered with some kind of art, picture, or craft.)


Then I started thinking about a fall wreath... But white isn't fall.
Ta da. Dye the coffee filters.

So I got some Rit dye from the grocery store and went to town. Well actually it took me a long time to build up the courage to actually do the dyeing part.



So bam! A fall/Halloween orange wreath. I am currently weather testing it right now. It is under the porch roof, but I will be interested to see if any rain that blows in on it messes it up.


I love how it turned out. My next wreath is going to be a red and white candy cane. That way I only have to dye half as many coffee filters. haha!

Update: December 2011

I might even be making some extra for friends. What do colors do you think would be most popular?

I just got 5 packs of 200 coffee filters for $4. Well I'm off to scrunch more coffee filters!

3 comments:

  1. it hasn't been directing rained on yet. but the rain that has blown on it hasn't bothered it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks like a giant Chrysanthemum flower! I can't wait to see your red/white version!

    ReplyDelete