Monday, October 31

New Bread Machine

The second year anniversary traditional gift is cotton. Short of getting Paul some new boxers or polos, I had nothing for this anniversary. But when my mom and I came upon this bread machine in a closeout store I knew Paul would love this much more.
Since Paul ended up being sick on our anniversary, so I decided to make a loaf of bread myself.

Garlic Bread

1 ½ cup Water, 80° F
2 tbsp Butter
4 cups Bread Flour
2 tbsp Dry Milk
1 ½ tbsp Sugar
1 ½ tsp Salt
1 ½ tbsp Dried Parsley Flakes
1 – 1 ½ tsp (to taste) Garlic Powder
2 tsp Bread Machine Yeast


The top deflated a bit. I looked up some troubleshooting could be too much yeast or too much liquid. I'm not very good at "measuring" things perfectly. So either of these are possible. It didn't hurt the taste, the top just looked funny.

I'm in search of some more tasty recipes! I found a pdf online of some recipes. But I'm trying to get inspired to do something special. Send me your recipes. I'll give them a go. Or maybe Paul will. He is the better baker in our marriage.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe. Sounds much more motivating than the plain white bread I was making with my bread machine a couple of months ago. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yummy. It looks great! Here is some inspiration: honey wheat bread, cinnamon bread, challah, sourdough, anything "bread", lol. Happy Anniversay. Whats the 3 yr gift? Ours is 1/3/12, right after xmas. Gift wise I am still determing if this was a good decision on our part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have a recipe for challah? sourdough that would be yummy... mmmmm.
    3 yr traditional is leather and the contemporary is crystal or glass.
    once we have kids my birthday is always going to be really close to mother's day. haha. that will create gift issues i'm sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete