Friday, August 3

Bacon egg muffin

So just for fun a few Sunday mornings ago I decided to combine a couple of ideas from pinterest and make a special breakfast for Paul. I made a concoction that I am dubbing a Bacon egg muffin.
I unfortunately did not write down any specific measurements for this recipe. Mostly because I was just playing around in the kitchen.

Bacon egg muffin

Bisquick mix
milk
2 slices bacon, cooked and cut up
2 scrambled eggs
cheese

Cook bacon and scramble eggs. Chop up bacon and let the bacon and eggs cool a bit.
Use the instructions on the Bisquick box to make drop biscuits. I made them a bit thinner by adding a little extra milk. Pour into a greased cupcake tin. Top with the eggs, cheese and a few bits of bacon.
Bake them per Bisquick instructions. Just keep an eye on them. Remove from tin and serve warm.


They were so cute and tasty. My batch made six. So we each got three which was a pretty big portion.
This recipe would be really fun for overnight guests in the morning. Especially if they are hitting the road as soon as they get up.
I actually forgot the cheese but I want to add it the next time I make these.

You could modify these in lots of ways. Syrup for more of a pancake muffin. Or salsa and spicy cheese for a Mexican muffin.
Why not give it a go? I love to play around in the kitchen. Sometimes that's where the best recipes come from.
Breakfast is a fun and easy meal to cook. The only problem is waking up early enough to make anything before lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment