Friday, April 15

Owl Coin Purse

This is one from an Etsy store by keykalou.
 I won't be able to give directions for this one.  But if you want to visit her etsy site the pattern is only $5.00.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/keykalou

The idea for this project came from a friend on facebook.  She noticed this pattern on etsy and sent me the link.  She knows how obsessed I am with owls and once I saw the product I knew I had to give a shot.  Normally I wouldn't take on a sewing project with more than two steps.  But what the heck its too cute not to attempt. So I made two so far. 


 It turned out pretty well. No where near perfect, but it was cute and it made me smile.  What could be better?

It only required a few pieces of scrap fabric, velcro, button eyes, and some interfacing.  I bought the fabric from the scraps bin at my local fabric store at 80% off their normal value per yard.  All in all it didn't cost much more than the change that would fit inside it.

It could be cute gift for a friend.  A fun way to give a gift card. A place to keep some mad money. Or any little trinkets. It could even be a chance to make a few extra dollars on etsy.com. 

Give it a try. It's not that hard and doesn't take a long time to make.  My favorite kind of crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment