Tuesday, July 5

Flower Hair Clips

A few days after spending too much money in a store on flower hair clips, I found directions online for how to make the same hair clips. Figures... I thought I would share with everyone, so you could avoid my error.


Here are the step by step instructions I used:
Little Miss Momma - Scrunch hair clips
Little Miss Momma - Lace hair clip

To create added depth and definition, I wrapped each piece of cotton fabric in a circle of a darker pink tulle.
Also I saw several templates for sale at the fabric store, instead I made my own template with a thick paper for the shape of the petals. That just helped as a guide to make more uniform petals.
There are so many different ways to make these. Next time I want to try different fabrics and shapes and colors.


There is a reason why I made so many...

I got an email a few days after I made my first hair clip about a day camp for kids with cancer and their siblings called Camp Happy Days. This Wednesday they were having a dress-up/dance day. The camp was taking donations of cute dresses and accessories. I thought that this was the perfect way for me to contribute. The hardest and most costly part was trying to find different hairbands to attach the flowers to.


I used a few clips but mostly different kinds of stretchy elastic bands. (I wanted to make sure the girls that were going through treatment could have a cute accessory too.)

All in all I'm happy with how they came out. And it was an excellent reason to flex my crafting skills for a good cause. Of course I could find many reasons to make these cutie clips, including for myself.

1 comment:

  1. These turned out so cute. I'm glad you did this for these girls. Hope they have a fun-filled day dressing up:)

    ReplyDelete