Friday, March 14

Simple Sew Napkins


I know this post seems really out of timeline. But I was browsing around in my pictures and forgot that I had made a photo journal of this project so I wanted share. I am always looking for quick easy projects to do on a quiet afternoon and this one really fit the bill. A while back I found a really cute patterned remnant with some adorable turkeys on it at my local Hancock Fabrics.
I decided the best use for the small piece of fabric would be to make some napkins for my next Thanksgiving feast. But how!?

This simple project starts off by equally cutting down the fabric by folding it over and over until I had a reasonable napkin sized square.





 Then I picked two pieces and put them "wrong side" together.





I did a quick running stitch on my sewing machine on 3 of the 4 sides.
I didn't even have to pin down the edges which was nice because I made 8 napkins.





I turned the fabric outside in and ironed the sides smooth. The last step is just as easy...





A running stitch around the whole edge and you're done!
Be sure to wash before you use them. You don't even want to know how many chemicals are sprayed on fabrics that come into the country. Ugh.

I made mine on the small side. In hindsight I could probably have made them longer/wider. But that's how you learn is by trying and... failing. (Not that I would call this a particularly big error.)

So the next time you see a cutie remnant or you trying to decide how to make your table-scape a bit more festival don't forget even you can sew up a few napkins to add to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment