Friday, February 5

A New Beginning

Welcome back to the world of blogging to myself.
I have thought a lot of blogging lately. By that I have been reading a lot of blogs lately. Mommy blogs, parenting, pregnancy, breastfeeding, cloth diapering. You name it I've Pinterested or Googled it. I have pins for how to make your own baby food, how to wash a cloth diaper, what to eat and not eat when you're pregnant, and even what to put in your hospital bag for labor.
I am a planner, not quite Type A. But I definitely like to have things ready to go. I don't handle change well and usually the preparation helps me deal with it better.
Becoming a parent is basically the biggest change in your entire life!
I mean getting married was a change but not that much. One day you are totally in love and together and then you are married and you are still totally in love and together. Not much change. Especially when you are already living together like we were. Although we did get some pretty cool gifts for our wedding. But for the most part our lives remained virtually the same. 
Becoming a parent though... That changes everything! I don't mean you don't get to go out to eat whenever you want and get less sleep. I mean it changes your whole core existence. It changes who you are. If you think that sounds scary or you are worried you aren't ready for that. You will be. Sometime during a middle of the night feeding or laying in a bath of Epsom salts it will hit you that your whole mindset has changed. 
Like I said earlier I am not into change. Even with all the research and preparations that I made, it was still and continues to be a concept of great contemplation. 
I say all this to introduce a new idea for this blog. Well not that new and not that inventive. But I am going to make my blog into a supportive, experience, and place for ideas. 
I am by no means a perfect mom. But I have tried and learned some things that I think would be good to pass along. I've already been through some struggles and had successes. Whether anyone reads this or not I still want to be able to document my journey through motherhood.
Beware this is going to get real and personal. I didn't have a very good "filter" before and its basically gone now. Ha!
I'm not even sure where to begin. Maybe at the beginning?...


I hope ya'll enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment